Fun, adventure & discovery
Whatever the weather or time of year, no other attraction offers so much to see and do as the Rare Breeds Centre with its unique mix of fun, excitement and countryside adventure, set in 120 acres of unspoilt countryside.
The Rare Breeds centre is run by Canterbury Oast Trust, a charity that provides homes, care and occupational opportunities for adults with learning disabilities.
The people we care for work on the Farm, our Restaurant, and our Horticulture and Woodland enterprises. Every Penny from your visit goes to support our work.
Summer (April October)
open every day 10.30am 5.30pm
Winter (November March)
open Tuesday Sunday (closed Mondays)
open Monday17th December for Christmas Fun.
Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day
Children age 3+: £7.00
Senior Citizens: £7.00
Under 3´s: Free
We’re confident that no other attraction offers school visitors so much to see and do as The Rare Breeds Centre and with a winter investment in some major new attractions, things have got even better. Highlights of your visit include …
• Discovery Garden - A fun way to learn about how plants grow and where your vegetables and fruit come from
• New Walk through Bird Aviary – Opening Easter 07
• NEW Butterfly Tunnel (June – Sept) - Stroll through our beautiful butterflies and learn more about these fascinating creatures in our interpretation area
• Sculpture and Interpretation Trail - Through the woods to the ‘Green Man Totem Pole’ by the lake and our NEW Countryside Interpretation Lodge
• Friendly Farm Animals - Join the ‘meet the animal sessions’ and visit the NEW walk through Encounter Paddocks
• Pig Racing – Don’t miss the highlight of any visit
• The Mysterious Marsh - Our fantastic ‘off ground’ woodland venture trail
• Indoor Play Barn and Swing Bridge Barn - Indoor fun doesn’t get any better
• Big Red Trailer Rides -Through the farm and up to the Secret Lake
• Outdoor Play Park - With aerial runways and NEW Improved Hill Fort
• Free Places and Unbeatable Prices – See booking form
Easter Fun - March 21st - 24th 2008
Easter Holidays - April 5th - 20th 2008
Half Term Fun - May 27th-30th 2008
Beer Festival - June 7th 2008
Classic Car Rally - June 15th 2008
Bilsington Craft Fair - June 28th & 29th
Rolls Royce Picnic - July 13th 2008
Rare Breeds Fun Day - August 6th 2008
The Granary Restaurant and Terrace
Welcome to our Award Winning Restaurant, This is a self service style restaurant serving home made snacks, cakes, meals and refreshments. With a large sun terrace and under 5´s play area.
Nature Trail, Adventure Playground, Pets Corner, Gift Shop, Refreshments, Disabled Access, Play Area, Woodland Walk, Parkland Walks, Picnic Area, Special Events, Craft and Plant Shop, Encounter Paddocks, Indoor Play Area and Birds of Prey