The project Educational Farm in ZOO Ljubljana wishes to present to its visitors indigenous breed of domestic animals and raise national awareness about the importance of farming with our breed with the goal of preservation of high level of biodiversity of Slovenian cultural landscape. Goals of the farmt:
1. Setting up the programme Presentation of all indigenous breed of domestic animals
2. Setting up the training programme “Touch to Connect “ for elementary school groups
3. Training pedagogue experts how to work with animals as well as training the animals
- January, February, November, December: open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- March, October: open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April, September: open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- May, June, July, August open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
At Ljubljana Zoo you can enjoy your visit even after the ticket office has closed. The Ljubljana Zoo is open every day of the year except December 25.
Adults: 8 €
Students/Seniors: 7 €
Schoolchildren: 5.5 €
Camping at the zoo:
Overnight camping at the ZOO for children and children and parents. It is a jungle out there and we will learn all about it.
The shop Medvedji rob offers a wide assortment of plush toys, T-shirts with animal designs, pendants, etc. All products make very appropriate gifts.
The shop is open from March 1 to November 30; the hours are the same as the zoo’s. The shop is closed during winter months.
The income from the shop is used to support the animals living at Ljubljana Zoo.
In the restaurant you can order fast food as well as warm and cold drinks. Part of the restaurant is enclosed with windows and is being heated.